Radweg Vía Verde Ojos Negros
Nr. des Radweges CR-23
Bitte warten - Kartendaten werden geladen
Erstellt am 01.08.2013,
Gesamtlänge in km
Durchschn. Steigung Aufstieg %
Informationen zu Rechten an den GPS-Track-Daten
OpenStreetMap and Contributors + biroto-Redaktion (biroto.eu)
Rechte-Ausprägung / Lizenz
Enthält Daten von OpenStreetMap, die hier unter der Open Database License(ODbL) verfügbar gemacht werden
Link zur Rechtebeschreibung
gpx-Datei übernommen aus
durch biroto-Redaktion am 11.02.2021
Trackpoint-Dichte per km
Ojos Negros, Aragon, ES (1238 m NHN)
Algimia de Alfara, Valencian Community, ES (187 m NHN)
Fahrradfreundliche Unterkünfte, Sehenswertes und Infrastruktur
Name u. Anschrift
Breite / Länge
Art d. Unterkunft
km zur Strecke
Höhe über NHN
Teruel is the capital city of Teruel province in Aragon. It is noted for its harsh climate, its jamón serrano (cured ham), its pottery, its surrounding archaeological sites, rock outcrops containing some of the oldest dinosaur remains of the Iberian Peninsula, and its famous events. Teruel is regarded as the "town of mudéjar" (Moorish-influenced architecture) due to numerous buildings designed in this style. All of them are comprised in the Mudéjar Architecture of Aragon which is a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
In 2018, it had a population of about 36,000 people.
Teruel's remote and mountainous location 915 metres (3,002 feet) above sea level and its low population has led to relative isolation within Spain. A campaign group with the slogan Teruel existe ("Teruel exists") was founded in 1999 to press for greater recognition and investment in the town and the province. Due in part to the campaign, transport connections to Teruel are being greatly improved with the construction of a motorway between Zaragoza and Sagunto, large parts of which are now open. However, Teruel remains the only provincial capital in peninsular Spain without a direct railway link to the capital, Madrid.
Teruel is the site of some of the most impressive Mudéjar architecture in all Spain, which, with other Mudéjar structures in Aragón, are collectively inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- ⊙ Catedral de Santa María de Teruel (Teruel Cathedral), ☎ +34 978 618016. Winter: M-Sa 11:00-14:00 16:00-19:00; summer: M-Sa 11:00-14:00 16:00-20:00. Impressive from outside but rather a mixture of styles. The bell tower, built 1257-1258, is considered to be one of the best-preserved Mudéjar towers in Spain. Also notable is the ornate wooden ceiling, dating from the early 14th century. (updated Sep 2016)
- ⊙Torre de la Iglesia de San Salvador (Tower of the Church of San Salvador), C/ El Salvador, 5, ☎ +34 978 602061. Feb-Jul, Sep-Oct: M 11:00-14:00, Tu-Su 11:00-14:00 16:30-19:30; Nov-Jan: M 11:00-14:00, Tu-Su 11:00-14:00 16:30-18:30; Aug, Semana Santa and holidays: daily 10:00-14:00 16:00-20:00. Believed to date from the early 14th century, this very finely-decorated Mudéjar tower is covered with intricate tile work. Structurally it resembles a typical Almohad minaret, with a plain tower placed within the more elaborate outer tower, and a staircase usually open between them. The adjoining Church of San Salvador de los Reyes dates to the late 17th century, and is considered to be the best example of Baroque architecture in Teruel province. Especially noteworthy in the main altarpiece is the central figure El Cristo del Salvador, which was carved in the 13th century. €2.50 (adults), €2 (concessions). (updated Sep 2016)
- ⊙Torre de San Martín . This Mudéjar gate-tower was built between 1315 and 1316, and partly restored in 1550. It is also decorated with glazed tilework, and is associated with the nearby church of St. Martin (built during the Baroque period). The tower can be viewed only from the exterior. (updated Sep 2016)
- ⊙Iglesia de San Pedro (San Pedro Church), C/ Matías Abad, s/n, ☎ +34 978 618398. Daily 10:00-14:00 16:00-20:00. A 14th-century Romanesque-Mudéjar church, the interior of which is completely covered with designed bricks and tiles. Built in the late 13th-century, the adjoining well-preserved tower is the earliest Mudéjar structure in Teruel. The mausoleum of Los Amantes (The Lovers of Teruel) is also located here. Admission to church, tower, cloister, and mausoleum: €8 (adults), €6.5 (concessions); church and tower only: €7 (adults) €5.5 (concessions); mausoleum only: €4 (adults), €3 (concessions); guided walk: €1 (adults), €.50 (concessions). (updated Sep 2016)
- ⊙Acueducto Los Arcos (Los Arcos Aqueduct). Completed in 1554, the aqueduct is a significant example of Spanish Renaissance engineering. (updated Sep 2016)
- ⊙Viaducto de Fernando Hué (Teruel Aqueduct). Built to connect the old walled city with the suburbs, the bridge was completed in 1929. (updated Aug 2016)
- ⊙Escalinata Neo-Mudéjar (Neo-Mudéjar Staircase). Designed by José Torán de la Rad to connect the train station with the historic city centre, the visually appealing staircase was completed in 1921 in a style combining Moorish and Modernist elements. (updated Sep 2016)
- ⊙ Museo de Teruel (Provincial Museum), Plaza Fray Anselmo Polanco, 3, ☎ +34 978 600150. Tu-F and holidays 10:00-14:00 16:00-19:00, Sa Su 10:00-14:00. Located in a 16th-century palace. Ensure that you ask the guide on the top floor to let you out to the arcaded exterior for a terrific view of the cathedral. Free. (updated Aug 2016)
- ⊙ Museo de Arte Sacro (Museum of Sacred Art), Plaza Venerable Francés de Aranda, 3 (Palacio del Obispado), ☎ +34 978 619950. M-Sa 10:00-14:00 17:00-19:00. Housed in a 16th-century palace, the museum exhibits religious art from the Romanesque to the Baroque periods. (updated Sep 2016)
- ⊙ The Mausoleum of The Lovers of Teruel (Los Amantes) is just off the main square.
The best places are 'asadores' and 'rokelin' (there are several ones), anything else is fancy expensive food, you'll be hungry after eating in those places.
Informationen zu Urheber-Rechten
Rechte-Ausprägung / Lizenz
by-sa: CREATIVE COMMONS Namensnennung, Weitergabe unter gleichen Bedingungen
Link zur Rechtebeschreibung
Text(e) übernommen von:
Wikivoyage contributors, 'Teruel', Wikivoyage, The FREE worldwide travel guide that anyone can edit, 3 December 2020, 22:33 UTC, https://en.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=Teruel&oldid=4107968 [accessed 30 January 2021]
übernommen / bearbeitet am
übernommen / bearbeitet durch