Added on 06 Apr 2019,
last edited by »biroto-Redaktion« on 06 Apr 2019
Please wait - map data are loading
Type of sights
Name and address
Doesburg is one of the seven Hanseatic cities along the river IJssel. It is located in the Dutch province of Gelderland.
Doesburg received its city rights in 1237. Its location by the merging point of the Oude IJssel and IJssel rivers made it a strategical city. Doesburg used to be the economic capital of the Doesburg Quarter, a sub-region of the Zutphen Quarter. The Martinichurch is one of the remains of the former wealth. The silting of the Oude IJssel in the fifteenth century, which blocked the access to the cities along the Oude IJssel, limited Doesburg its wealth due to a lack of trade.
Nowadays the city still has many old buildings. The banks of the city are being modernised, but the city centre is still mostly intact.
- ⊙Martinichurch, Kerkstraat 4, NL-6981 Doesburg, ☎ +31 313 475749.
- ⊙Museum De Roode Tooren (Regional Museum), Roggestraat 9, NL-6981 Doesburg, ☎ +31 313 474265.
- ⊙Doesburgsche Mosterd- en Azijnfabriek (Doesburgian Mustard and Vinegarfactory), Boekholtstraat 22, NL-6981 CW Doesburg, ☎ +31 313 472230.
- ⊙Société Musée Lalique Pays Bas, Gasthuisstraat 1, NL-6981 CP Doesburg, ☎ +31 313 471410.
- ⊙Doesburg Town Hall, Philippus Gastelaarsstraat 2, NL-6981 BH Doesburg.
Inside the range of 4 km:
Information about copyright
Rights characteristic / license
by-sa: CREATIVE COMMONS Attribution-ShareAlike
Link to the description of the license
Input taken over from:
taken over / edited on
06 Apr 2019
taken over / edited by