Északkeleti határmente Cycle Route
No. of cycle route 2A
Please wait - map data are loading
Added on 02 Aug 2013,
on 06 Dec 2013
Cycle route metrics
Total distance in km
Information about rights to the gps-track data
Openstreetmap and Contributors + biroto-Redaktion (biroto.eu)
Rights characteristic / license
Contains information from OpenStreetMap, which is made available here under the Open Database License(ODbL)
Link to the description of the license
GPX file taken from
GPX file uploaded
by biroto-Redaktion on 02 Aug 2013
Track points in total
Track points per km (avg)
Tiszabecs, Alföld és Észak, HU (119 m NHN)
Szob, Közép-Magyarország, HU (111 m NHN)
Beds4Cyclists, worth visiting and infrastructure
Name and address
Latitude / Longitude
Type of accommodation
Rating for cyclists
Dist. to route
Hours of opening
15/06-01/09 Mo-Fr: 9:00-17:00; Sa: 9:00-12:00; Su closed
01/09-15/06 Mo-Fr: 8:00-17:00, Sa-Su: closed
magyar nyelv ▪ English
Sátoraljaújhely (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈʃaːtorɒjːɒ.uːjhɛj]; archaic German: Neustadt am Zeltberg; Slovak: Nové Mesto pod Šiatrom;Yiddish: איהעל (Ihel) or אוהעלי (Uhely)) is a town located in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county in northern Hungary near the Slovak border.
- ⊙Historical downtown (Történelmi Belváros), Kossuth Lajos tér (Center). with an atmosphere of 19th-century towns
- St. Stephen's Church church (Szent István király római katolikus főplébániatemplom, Nagytemplom), Széchenyi tér 10 (Center), ☎ +36 47 321231. By appointment. Main Roman Catholic parish church. Founded in 1482, rebuilt in 1860, extended in 1910. - Professional guidance: available Free.
- Wine Church (Bortemplom) (S 1 km). the only known church in Hungary not owned by any denomination, as it was used to store wine in past centuries. Now Trade House
- St. Michael the Archangel Greek Catholic Church (Szent Mihály Főangyal Görög Katolikus Templom), Rudabányácska, Bányácska út 74 (Four km NW), ☎ +36 47 325719. By appointment. The church was built in 1774 in the Baroque style, rebuilt 1888. The church Indulgence: November 8, but in June held on last Sunday. Free.
- Greek Catholic Church (Görög katolikus templom), Kazinczy út 49 (Center), ☎ +36 47 321052. Daily, by appointment. It is one of the oldest Hungarian catholic churches. The church was built in 1738, its tower,- with a chronost icon is in Slavic language,-was erected in 1777. Its beautiful iconostas was probably made in Galicia, Ukraine. Free.
- ⊙Reformed church (Református templom), Petofi Sándor u. 7, (Center). built between 1784 and 1789, Late Baroque). Located in a courtyard. Copf style building. Built in 1784-1789, renewed in 1889. The nave has a trapezoidal closure. On the ledge of clock is a pyramid-ended, tin tower.
- Assumption Pauline piarist church and former monastery, Rákóczi chapel (Nagyboldogasszony Pálos-piarista templom és rendház, Rákóczi-kápolna), Barátszeren, Deák Ferenc utca 12. (Center), ☎ +36 47 322433. The main heritage sights are in the old part of Sátoraljaújhely, the so-called Barátszer. The early Gothic church (1280's), later was rebuilt in the baroque facade. The "white friars" or Pauline monks began to build the monastery in the second half of the XIII century. The XIV-century early Gothic church of the currently Piarist monastery, again in church ownership, gained its Baroque front in a later reconstruction. The baroque high altar is by the sculptor János György Strécius of Lőcse. Ferenc Rákóczi I added the small chapel to the southern side of the church. The Pauline martyr György Csepellény, the counter-Reformation activist, rests in the crypt. The beautiful baroque high altar of the church creates devotional atmosphere. - It was former pauline, now piarist church. The Baroque principal altar made by sculptor János György Strécius from Levoča. Now there is also the College of Kossuth Lajos Secondary Piarist School. Free.
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Roman Catholic Church (Jézus Szíve római katolikus templom), Sátoraljaújhely-Széphalom.
- Ferenc Kazinczy Museum (Kazinczy Ferenc Múzeum), Dózsa Gy. út 11. (Center), ☎ +36 47 322351. Tu-Su 09:00-17:00. One-story historic building. In 1827 was built by Charles Sennyei classical style. A unit of the Hermann Otto Museum. This museum is a regional scientific and cultural centre, a base point for the Kazinczy and Kossuth cults and research in natural sciences in the Zemplén hills and the Bodrogköz areas. It has four-five temporary exhibitions,-in the 200 m2 hall,-per year. Adult/reduced HUF600/300.
- Prison Museum (Börtönmúzeum), Kazinczy utca 35 (Center), ☎ +36 47 523563. May-Aug: Tu-Sa 09.00-17.00, Su 10.00-16.00; Sep-Apr Tu-F 08.30-16.00, Sa 08.30-13.00. Exhibition about history of imprisonment Adults: HUF 700 Students and pensioners: HUF300.
- The Hungarian language Museum (A magyar nyelv Múzeuma), Széphalom, Kazinczy út 275 (North six km), ☎ +36 47 521236. Open Apr.-Sep. Tu-Su 09:00-17:00, (closed on Monday); Oct-Mar 08:00-16:00 to groups by appointment +36 47 521-236 ,Professional guidance: Hungarian, English and German. The museum presents the past of the Hungarian language, his present and his future. The main sections of this: The Hungarian language between the world's languages, the past of Hungarian language, Hungarian dialects, technical languages, slang, e-nyelv, the vitality of mother tongue. The art exhibition received place on Pásztor Emil Gallery. The neologism exhibition the enlightenment age Hungarian neologism, presents his antecedents and his consequences graphically concerned for it: with coloured pictures and substantial texts. Adults: HUF600, for students and pensioners: HUF300.
- Comitatus Fountain, Széchenyi István tér (Center).
- Ferenc Kazinczy Mausoleum (Kazinczy Ferenc Emlékcsarnok), Széphalom, Kazinczy u. 275. (See at the Hungarian language Museum), ☎ +36 47 521236. Open Apr-Oct Tu-Su 9:00-17:00 closed on Mondays, Nov-Mar: 8.00-16.00. This is a monument building, built in neoclassical style, in 1873 designed by Miklós Ybl on the site of the derelict Kazinczy Mansion, this contains an exhibition evoking the life of the writer, organiser of literary life and neologist. The building was made of the carved stone, annd imitates the Greek church. Opposite the Memorial Hall Ferenc Kazinczy rests in his tomb. There is a collection of Becske Bálint, the author's (Ferenc Kazinczy) grandchild. He gathered the the 19.th and 20.th century objects, pictures, from the family's members and from these found a museum. - HUF300.
- Former Waldbott-villa (Waldbott-kastély), Kossuth Lajos tér 8, Hősök tere 10. Baroque, 18th. Century. Rebuilt. Now, Elderly home.
- Town hall (Városháza), Kossuth Lajos tér 5. Baroque, Renaissance building of the former Zemplén comitatus where Ferenc Kazinczy worked, built between 1754 and 1768
- Hungarian Calvary Memorial (Magyar Kálvária emlékmű a Szár-hegyen) (on the Szár Mount).
- Former Financial Palace. a mark of the town's great economic importance in the 19th and the early 20th century
- Abandoned synagogue and cemetery, Esze Tamás utca 81-83. Sátoraljaújhely was once home to Hungary's second-largest Jewish community. A synagogue was built at Sátoraljaújhely in 1790; and when it was demolished in 1887
- Former Tribunal Palace and Prison (Törvényszéki palota és fogház). now Sátoraljaújhely Prison was built on Czigler Gyõzõ plans
- Musical fountain (next to Hősők Square).
- House of Zemplén's Hungarians (Zempléni Magyarok Háza) (as opposed to the Musical fountain).
- Locomotive junkyard (Mozdonybontó).
- Tomb of Rabbi Moses Teitelbaum (Teitelbaum Mózes csodarabbi sírja, zarándokhely). A place of pilgrimage
- Old archives (Zempléni Levéltár), Kossuth tér 5. (Center), ☎ +36 47 321353. M-W 08.00-16.00, Th-F 08:00-12:00. Zemplén county's archives are located on the first store of the northern wing of Sátoraljaújhely Town Hall. The furniture is made in baroque style retain the atmosphere of 18th-19t century archives, one of very few in Hungary. The furnishing were made by local masters. The logical order of the collection was developed by Antal Szirmay (historian, 1747-1812). Ferenc Kazinczy (writer, neologist) was chief archivist between 1816-1831. HUF400.
- Castle of Sátoraljaújhely (Sátoraljaújhelyi vár maradványai). Archeological Site. Remains of the Castle
- Kossuth statue (Kossuth-szobor), Kossuth tér. Gardos Aladar creation (1911)
Information about copyright
Rights characteristic / license
by-sa: CREATIVE COMMONS Attribution-ShareAlike
Link to the description of the license
Input taken over from:
Wikivoyage contributors, 'Sátoraljaújhely', Wikivoyage, The FREE worldwide travel guide that anyone can edit, 9 May 2016, 18:02 UTC, <https://en.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=S%C3%A1toralja%C3%BAjhely&oldid=2992783> [accessed 19 August 2016]
taken over / edited on
19 Aug 2016 - 20 Sep 2016
taken over / edited by