Print the page content is only available to registered and logged in users and only as a tourbook!

Seine-Valley Cycle Route

No. of cycle route V33

busy

 

Please wait - map data are loading

Elevation profile Seine-Valley Cycle Route

Added on 19 May 2012,

on 26 Jun 2020

Cycle route metrics

Total distance in km

237

Cumulative elevation gain in m

1.108

Avg. slope uphill in %

0,47

Cumulative elevation loss in m

1.164

GPS track data

Information about rights to the gps-track data

Rights owner

OpenStreetMap and Contributors + biroto-Redaktion (biroto.eu)

Rights characteristic / license

Contains information from OpenStreetMap, which is made available here under the Open Database License(ODbL)

Link to the description of the license

opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/

GPX file taken from

https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/9889675

GPX file uploaded

by biroto-Redaktion on 26 Jun 2020

Track points in total

2.743

Track points per km (avg)

12

Start/endpoint

Start location

Bréviandes, Grand Est, FR (111 m NHN)

End location

Paris, Ile-de-France, FR (55 m NHN)

Connecting cycle path

Seine-Valley Cycle Route Paris - Le Havre

Remarks

Up to now, around 53% of the track has been identified as "open". For the remaining 47%, the route has been laid on as much as possible traffic-free roads and paths that are close to the planned final track.

Beds4Cyclists, worth visiting and infrastructure

Name and address

Latitude / Longitude

Phone
Fax
Mobile

Type of accommodation

Route km
Dist. to route
Elevation AMSL

Rating for cyclists

 

6 km
0,3 km
100 m

FR-10000 Troyes

 

Heritage building(s)

The west façade of Saint-Urbain de Troyes
Cathédrale de Troyes
Troyes historic quarter
Maisons rue Emile Zola à Troyes

Troyes ist eine Stadt in Frankreich und der Verwaltungssitz des Départements Aube in der Region Champagne-Ardenne. Sie liegt am Ufer der Seine.

Hintergrund

Troyes wurde vom keltischen Stamm der Tricassen gegründet und dann unter den Römern ein wichtiger Handelsort der Region. Bei den Römern hieß die Stadt Augustobona Tricassium. Schon im 4. Jahrhundert wurde die Stadt zum Bischofssitz erhoben. Westlich von Troyes fand im Jahr 451 die Schlacht auf den Katalaunischen Feldern zwischen den Hunnen unter Attila und weströmischen Truppen unter Aetius. Im Hundertjährigen Krieg lag Troyes im englischen Gebiet und hier wurde im Jahr 1420 der Vertrag von Troyes zwischen England, Frankreich und Burgund unterschrieben, der die Thronfolge nach dem Tode von Karl VI. regeln sollte. Da der Krieg 9 Jahre später zu Ende ging und der französische Thronfolger sich durchsetzen konnte, hatte der Vertrag keine größeren Auswirkungen auf die spätere Geschichte. Nach dem Krieg erholte sich die Stadt und sie wurde zu einem wichtigen Zentrum der Textilindustrie. Der Aufschwung wurde noch einmal unterbrochen, als mit dem Ende des Ediktes von Nantes viele Hugenotten die Stadt verließen. Bis heute werden in Troyes Textilien für Lacoste gefertigt.

Sehenswürdigkeiten

Bauwerke
  • Historische Fachwerkaltstadt. Mit typisch französischen Baumustern (maisons à colombage).
Kirchen, Moscheen, Synagogen, Tempel
  • Eglise Ste-Madeleine.
  • Cathédrale Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul de Troyes. Gotische Kathedrale des Bistums Troyes.
  • Saint-Urbain de Troyes

Information about copyright

Rights characteristic / license

by-sa: CREATIVE COMMONS Attribution-ShareAlike

Link to the description of the license

creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Input taken over from:

Wikivoyage-Bearbeiter, 'Troyes', Wikivoyage, Freie Reiseinformationen rund um die Welt, 21. März 2020, 15:25 UTC, https://de.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=Troyes&oldid=1282037 [abgerufen am

22. April 2020

]

taken over / edited on

22 Apr 2020

taken over / edited by

biroto-Redaktion

 

6 km
0,4 km
107 m

 

FR-10000 Troyes

 

Tourist information

Hours of opening

  • From November to April: from 9:30am to12:30pm and from 2:00pm to 6:00pm
    Open Sundays and bank holidays from Easter to the end of October:10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 6:00pm. Closed Sundays and bank holidays
  • From May to October:  from Monday to Saturday from 9:30am to 6:30pm 
    From October, September to April from Monday to Saturday
 

7 km
0,8 km
123 m

 

FR-10000 Troyes

 

Hotel without restaurant (garni)

 

7 km
1,2 km
122 m

 

Alain et Fabienne VERNIQUET
FR-10000 Sainte-Savine

 

Private/B&B

 

8 km
0,8 km
99 m

 

FR-10000 Troyes

 

Hotel without restaurant (garni)

 

busy

 


Close

Code snippet to link to Seine-Valley Cycle Route

If you want to link from your website to this cycle route / this tour, just copy the following code snippet, and set it at an appropriate location in your source code:

Close

Take over Seine-Valley Cycle Route

This feature allows you to edit the GPS track data and the description of the selected route.

This processing is performed on the original, not on a copy.

You will become the owner of this route!