Bicycle routes and tours for multi-day bicycle touring in Europe
On biroto.eu you will find 741,114 km of cycle paths in Europe, both official trails and itineraries added by members of the biroto community.
Repository for cycle routes and POIs
Planning your individual tour
And after the tour
For each cycle path and each tour there is an interactive map and the elevation profile of the path, downloadable GPS tracks, information about cyclist-friendly accommodations (Beds4Cyclists), local attractions and resources along the path.
Just register for free and participate. The usage of the services will not be charged.
biroto.eu is a community website and you can add to the data base as well as use its resources. Similar to a wiki, all members of the biroto community can contribute for the benefit of all.
This website is aimed primarily at touring cyclists who
- intend cycling in Europe
- organize their multi-day cycle trips themselves,
- use GPS devices for navigation,
- and for this purpose need information about routes and tours, accommodation, sights etc.
- Route descriptions of official cycle routes including GPS data
- descriptions of individual tours and trip reports, including GPS data»example
- infrastructure along the route / tour:
- individual Cycling Guide»example (pdf 2.4 MB!)
- Determine the tour you want to cycle:
- take it from the provided routes / tours on this website
- upload it from a GPX file you already have or
- edit an individual tour yourself
- check and, if necessary, add infrastructure along the itinerary
- print out your Cycling Guide and download the final GPX file to your gps-device
- if you like, book accommodation prior to departure
- enjoy cycling
- New feature: Search for POIs in the vicinity (17 Mar 2017)
- biroto.eu now much faster and secured (09 Mar 2017)
- New feature: 4,000 cyclist-friendly accommodations bookable with Booking.com (09 Dec 2016)
- New feature: Stage-Target-Locations with site plans with positions of POIs (25 Nov 2016)
- New feature: Site plans with positions of POIs (01 Oct 2016)
- EuroVelo routes having a GPS-track have grown to 74,000 km in total (02 Aug 2016)