Print the page content is only available to registered and logged in users and only as a tourbook!

Canal du Midi

No. of cycle route V80

busy

 

Please wait - map data are loading

Elevation profile Canal du Midi

Added on 11 Feb 2012,

on 30 Mar 2017

Cycle route metrics

Total distance in km

267

Cumulative elevation gain in m

1.721

Avg. slope uphill in %

0,64

Cumulative elevation loss in m

1.581

GPS track data

Information about rights to the gps-track data

Rights owner

Openstreetmap and Contributors + biroto-Redaktion (biroto.eu)

Rights characteristic / license

Contains information from OpenStreetMap, which is made available here under the Open Database License(ODbL)

Link to the description of the license

opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/

GPX file taken from

www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/275305

GPX file uploaded

by biroto-Redaktion on 28 Mar 2017

Track points in total

3.307

Track points per km (avg)

12

Start/endpoint

Start location

Frontignan, Languedoc-Roussillon, FR (0 m NHN)

End location

Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées, FR (140 m NHN)

Sources of information

Bücher/Karten:

  • Esterbauer bikeline: Radtourenbuch Canal du Midi: Entlang des Weltkulturerbes von Toulouse ans Mittelmeer, 1:50.000, 250 km, wetterfest/reißfest

Filme:

Connecting cycle path

Remarks

So far, only about 39% of the track is run on routes, which are indicated as "open". For the remaining 61%, the track has been laid on as much as possible traffic-free roads and paths that are close to the planned final track.

However, if you want to follow the planned final path along the canal, you have to prepare yourself for the most part of the track to be on gravel roads or narrow paths covered by grasses.

Beds4Cyclists, worth visiting and infrastructure

Name and address

Latitude / Longitude

Phone
Fax
Mobile

Type of accommodation

Route km
Dist. to route
Elevation AMSL

Rating for cyclists

 

0 km
4,2 km
17 m

 

FR-34200 Sète

 

Private/B&B

 

0 km
2,4 km
13 m

 

FR-34200 Sète

 

Hotel without restaurant (garni)

 

0 km
3,0 km
16 m

 

FR-34200 Sète

 

Tourist information

 

0 km
2,4 km
6 m

FR-34200 Sète

 

Sète - panorama vu de Saint-Clair - au loin, Frontignan
Canal royal de Sète
Le Quai Maréchal de Sète

Sète oder Sete [sɛt] (bis zum 19. Januar 1928: Cette; im 17. und 18. Jahrhundert auch Sette, Septe, Cète, Cept geschrieben; okzitanisch: Seta [ˈseta]) ist eine Hafenstadt an der Mittelmeerküste Südfrankreichs.

Im 16. Jahrhundert war der Ort noch kaum bewohnt, und der Fels St. Clair diente als Piratenrefugium. König  Ludwig XIV. ließ Mole und Hafen ausbauen. Am 29. Juli 1666 wurde offiziell die erste Steinmole „Saint Louis“ errichtet. 1703 erfolgte die Einweihung der Kirche St. Louis. 1711 wurden die Festungswerke Saint Pierre und Butte Ronde (runde Anhöhe/Hügel) fertiggestellt, 1794 Ankauf des Rathausgebäudes. Weiterer Ausbau der Festung durch die Errichtung der Zitadelle Richelieu und des Turmes von Castellas erfolgte 1744.

Kulinarisches

Die Markthalle von Sète und die Fischrestaurants sind berühmt für ihre mediterranen Spezialitäten. Spezialitäten von Sètes und der Region sind die „Tielles“ (Tintenfisch im Teigmantel mit Tomatensauce), die „Rouille“ (würzige Knoblauchmayonnaise), die „Bourride“ (landestypische Fischsuppe mit Miesmuscheln und Tintenfischen), die „Kalamari-Rouille“ sowie weitere Arten von Meeresfrüchten.

Sehenswürdigkeiten

  • Musée Paul Valery: Ausstellung zur Stadtgeschichte und zum Dichter Paul Valéry. Unmittelbar neben dem Museum befindet sich der „Cimetière marin“, den Valéry in einem seiner Gedichte würdigt. Dort ist auch sein Grab.
  • Espace Georges Brassens: Museum zum Gedenken des Sängers und Dichters Georges Brassens. Auch er ist, entsprechend seinem Wunsch, in der Nähe begraben, auf dem Friedhof Le Py
  • Mont Saint-Clair: schöne Aussicht auf die Stadt Sète und den Étang de Thau.

Information about copyright

Rights characteristic / license

by-sa: CREATIVE COMMONS Attribution-ShareAlike

Link to the description of the license

creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

taken over / edited on

16 Feb 2015

taken over / edited by

biroto-Redaktion

 

0 km
3,0 km
0 m

 

FR-34200 Sète

 

Private/B&B

 

busy

 


Close

Code snippet to link to Canal du Midi

If you want to link from your website to this cycle route / this tour, just copy the following code snippet, and set it at an appropriate location in your source code:

Close

Take over Canal du Midi

This feature allows you to edit the GPS track data and the description of the selected route.

This processing is performed on the original, not on a copy.

You will become the owner of this route!